Filed under: Games and Fun For Gifted and Talented, NYC Gifted and Talented Program, OLSAT test prep | Tags: ivy chronicles book, karen quinn, OLSAT test prep
If you’d like to receive my NYC gifted & talented newsletter or receive OLSAT prep practice test questions email me at email@example.com.
I recently had the pleasure meeting Karen Quinn who recently wrote a book “Testing for Kindergarten”. The book outlines strategies to help your child ace the tests for gifted and talented qualification. Karen also wrote an amazing book a few years ago titled “The Ivy Chronicles”. Check-out Karen’s site for further details. You’ll be hearing much more from me about Karen in the coming months as G&T testing process begins in NYC.
Karen is in the process of launching a new test prep board game coming out in the next few weeks! Readers of my blog will receive a special promotion to buy the game for OLSAT, WPPSI-III, Stanford-Binet, and ERB testing skills in a fun and educational way.
Karen has even created this video on OLSAT and ERB test prep questions with her dogs in the video below. Just watch the video below with your child and read the story out loud to your child from the video. After the video, ask your child the questions below the video player!
1. What is the name of the black dog? Bronco
2. What is the name of the white dog? Honey
3. What do these two dogs like to do together? Kiss
4. What shape does Honey like to walk in? Circle
5. When Honey walks in a circle, how does she feel? Happy
6. How many kisses did Bronco give Honey in the video? 6
7. Does Honey walk in a straight line when she’s happy? No.
Can you draw a straight line on this piece of paper?
8. Does Honey walk in a square when she’s happy? No.
Can you draw a square on this piece of paper? (If your child can’t do this, draw 4 dots for her to connect)
9. Does Honey walk in a triangle when she’s happy? No.
Can you draw a triangle on this piece of paper? (If your child can’t do this, draw 3 dots for her to connect)
10. Does Honey walk in a circle when she’s happy? YES!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment