Filed under: NYC Gifted and Talented Program, Parents Resources for NYC G&T | Tags: big city moms, ivy chronicles, karen quinn, testing for kindergarten
If you’d like to receive my free G&T newsletter email me at email@example.com. For free OLSAT prep test practice questions go to Karen Quinn’s site www.TestingForKindergarten.com.
I’ve teamed up with Karen Quinn, best-selling author and the Testing Mom, and we’re having TWO seminars for parents the first week of October. Each seminar will cover the same information so you only need to attend one.
Paid Seminar #1 –Big City Moms – Upper East Side – Tuesday, October 5 at 6:30pm
FREE Seminar #2 – in Tribeca – near the 1/2/3 and A/C/E trains by Chambers Street. Thursday, October7 at 7pm. You MUST RSVP for the seminar #2 we’re having in Tribeca so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited so please RSVP as soon as possible. Once you RSVP I’ll send you the exact location.
Insiders Guide to the Kindergarten Admissions Process in New York City – Private Schools and Gifted and Talented Programs
It’s that time of year again for parents in NYC to begin thinking about the many options they have available for their child who is going into kindergarten within the next 2 years. Is private school the only choice for you? Should you consider both private school and the NYC gifted and talented program? Or should you think about a good public school in your area? No matter which option you’re considering, this is a “must attend” seminar for any parent who has a child going into kindergarten within the next 2 years.
Join Karen Quinn, former private school placement adviser, best-selling author of The Ivy Chronicles and Testing For Kindergarten, along with NYC Gifted and Talented parent expert Michael McCurdy as they share insider secrets that will boost your child’s chances to get admitted to the public, private, or gifted and talented school of your choice.
During this informative session you’ll discover:
- Insights to the myriad of tests given to children – ERB/WPPSI, OLSAT test, Bracken Test BRSA & Stanford-Binet
- The 7-Abilities every test assesses and your child must have to succeed in kindergarten and beyond
- How to prepare your child for kindergarten testing without spending a fortune and stressing out the family
- Private school processes and procedures
- Gifted and talented vs. general education
- Timelines and deadline for school applications
- All the different options you have available to you as a NYC resident
- How the system works and how to effectively navigate through it
- School visits, evaluations and selection process
- How to find the best fit for your child and your family
As a special bonus, Karen will be giving away an autographed copy of her newest book Testing for Kindergarten. She’ll also demonstrate her newest game – IQ Fun Park, which takes the chore out of preparing your child for testing! Not only that, Karen and Michael plan to reveal their newest initiative that will help parents once the session is over.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment