Filed under: Games and Fun For Gifted and Talented | Tags: chessat3.com, OLSAT test, tyler
It’s time to take a break from the OLSAT test and BSRA practice as we now head into the waiting period for the NYC gifted and talented test results which are expected to be released in mid-April! Sites like TestingMom.com where you get get 50 free practice questions for gifted and talented testing can help prep a child for testing but what about other mental exercises for our talented tots? That’s where Chess at 3 comes in. Yes, 3 years old! Tyler who is a master chess instructor here in New York City launches his new program geared toward 3 to 7 year old children that effectively teaches the most mind boggling games out there – chess! Below is a video of Tyler showing his program to little ones who just absorb the stories like sponges as they catch on to chess like it’s a walk in the park. You can also visit Tyler’s new site Chess@3.com after you watch the video below. If you’d like to be added to my newsletter or need more sample questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed under: NYC Gifted and Talented Program, OLSAT Test | Tags: karen quinn, NYC Gifted and Talented, testingmom.com
In case you didn’t hear, best-selling author, testing authority and co-founder of TestingMom.com (the site with 50 free practice questions), Karen Quinn will be have a live Q&A session for parents in New York City next Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 6:30pm in downtown Manhattan. This will be a MUST ATTEND session for any NYC parents out there who are going through the testing and school selection process for both public gifted and talented and private schools in New York City. Here are a few of the many questions that will be answered during this 2 hour session! You can register here but you better hurry, I heard it’s almost sold out!
Topic: Be in “the know” – a sneak peek behind the testing kimono! Testing authorities reveal answers not known to the general public. Discover what the Dept of Ed and private schools won’t tell you!
- The OLSAT test is over, now what? What should you do now that your little one has taken the test?
- What are the many options for private schools and G&T schools in NYC?
- What questions should you be asking during school tours for both G&T and private schools? Where to find secret school ratings given by parents and teachers at each of the New York City public schools.
- How do you go about seeing your child’s OLSAT test results and what should you look for during the test review?
- What about school rankings for NYC gifted and talented programs?
- Private school results are out next week – what if we are wait listed at our first choice school? Private school contracts are due before we know about gifted program admissions – how do we handle this?
- Looking at private school admissions for 2012-13, what should we do this spring?
- And many more.
- Live audience Q&A!